Thursday, February 10, 2011

beginnings pt. 2

Wow, i suck at this. It's not for lack of inspiration or words, but simply my lack of initiative. My solution: short and sweet. Perhaps if i cut down on the length of my entries, the thought of starting a new one won't seem so daunting.


I can't really begin to describe what the last month of my life has entailed. It flew by, and yet each day seemed so painfully long. Full of lessons and laughter, my last semester of college is well underway.


This might be best portrayed through bullet points. In the spirit of sticking to my new blog goal, and to appease my type-A personality I will lay it out here:

  • I've become a cute dresser. Shocker I know, but seriously I have to put these outfits to good use, despite the fact that NO ONE at this ridiculous university seems to appreciate my efforts. Stop staring people, sheesh.
  • My freak-outs and dramatic meltdowns have been at an all time low, which is a blessing considering what is creeping my way in 3 months. Thank you Jesus for peace.
  • I have never appreciated my family more. My mom's wisdom and my dad's guidance have truly been the push to get me through some days.
  • I understand the meaning of real, genuine friendship and I'm desperate to not settle for less. Even if it means moving on and looking ahead.
  • Despite my frustration and tendency to disagree with particular aspects of a certain something, the girls in my WIL group make it all worth it.
  • There are so many exciting adventures i've discovered, and I'm always in the process of convincing myself they will all definitely happen. Coachella (maybe next year?), New Orleans (2 months baby), Baltimore/NYC (grad trip maybe yes?), and various road trips and beach visits for sure.
  • I am constantly trying and failing but slowly and surely learning to find joy in even the little things throughout my day.

that's it. expect me back soon. pinky promise.

No comments: