Sunday, March 20, 2011

spring break.

I logged on with every intention of apologizing for my little rant last night... but then I read it again and decided that I was in fact, not sorry at all. It's all still true.

Spring Break 2011 story time!

Friday and Saturday were spent in good ole Waco, TX. Heather took the GRE and I was her tag-a-long for the weekend. We enjoyed wonderful hotel beds, had a ghetto movie theater adventure, then she kicked butt on her test while I lounged around and just appreciated the fact that I was not in College Station.

Sunday, off to Deer Park! We made it just in time for the Bachelor finale, which thanks to Reality Steve's TV spoilers was not a surprise at all. I want to like Emily...but I don't. Too good to be true much?

Monday = super hipster day. Seriously, we went all out. Dressed in our I'm-better-than-you outfits, cruisin' in Bekah's car (sorry sister), Heather and I took downtown Houston by storm. Spent a couple hours in the Art Museum during which I made a couple observations:
1. Everyone who worked there was tiny and Asian.
2. I LOVE anything painted around the Renaissance era.
3. Certain art can also be used as a runway...
Anyways, then we went to a couple cute little shops, both found hawwwwt dresses for killer deals, saw the King's Speech in a precious little vintage movie theater, and enjoyed being the only people eating at California Pizza Kitchen. Quite the day, I couldn't have enjoyed more if I tried!


I think Tuesday was pretty chill cause I don't have any exciting stories.

Wednesday was deemed travel day. We left pretty early, headed back to C-Stat, then chilled for a while before the trek to Austin! Once there we went to Chuy's (duh) with Mama Miller and chatted about our life drama, and then off to see this goofball.

I've known this Pooh Bear since 7th grade and he has spent the last 8 months serving in Iraq. He's one of my best friends, and I'm so thankful I got to spend so much time with him during his 2 weeks leave!

Thursday: HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY! This plus the fact that SXSW is currently happening in Austin made for a delightful combo that resulted in exploring 6th street that night. I would share stories, but uh...here's some pictures instead. I will say that it was one of the most fun nights I have had in LONG time... and full of many hilarious memories.

Ready to hit tha' city!

some man love

forever friends :)

One of my favorites from the night haha!

love these ladies!

Sitting on the curb at 4am. These girls will be in my life for forever!


Needless to say, most of Friday was spent sleeping, saying bye to Heather, and then going back to sleep.

Saturday: shopping with the mama, Salt Lick with what I like to call the "extended family" of Viks and Pulidos, aaaand GAME NIGHT! Full of inappropriate jokes and lots of laughter as always!

Today I went to church, said bye to my Vinny Pooh, took a nap, and headed back to College Station. I put it off as long as possible, coming back always sucks. I keep telling myself only 2 more months!! I pretty much don't care about anything else in this town, and my mind is always somewhere else, so most of the time it already feels like i've moved on in every way except physically.

Longest.Post.Ever. FINISHED.


P.S. I already miss this goober...




No comments: